"There are some experiences in life which should not be demanded twice from any man, and one of them is listening to the Brahms Requiem."
- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
"Plato was a bore."
- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)
"Hemingway was a jerk."
- Harold Robbins
"How can I lose to such an idiot?"
- A shout from chessmaster Aaron Nimzovich (1886-1935)
"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
- Ross MacDonald (1915-1983)
"It is now possible for a flight attendant to get a pilot pregnant."
- Richard J. Ferris, president of United Airlines
"Men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all the other alternatives."
- Abba Eban (1915-2002)
"Imitation is the sincerest form of television."
- Fred Allen (1894-1956)
"Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research."
- Wilson Mizner (1876-1933)
"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu
"Never mistake motion for action."
- Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)
"Silence is argument carried out by other means."
- Ernesto"Che"Guevara (1928-1967)
Melissa Joan Hart
Anne Hathaway (actress)
Barbara La Marr
Gypsy Rose Lee
Jennifer Jason Leigh