"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time."
- Robin Williams, commenting on the Clinton/Lewinsky affair
"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
- Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), upon reading a young physicist's paper
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)
"He would make a lovely corpse."
- Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
"Wagner's music is better than it sounds."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
"If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use? Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?"
- Seymour Cray (1925-1996), father of supercomputing
"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
- Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon on why his works on celestial mechanics make no mention of God.
"The truth is more important than the facts."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
- H. G. Wells (1866-1946)
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
"Don't be so humble - you are not that great."
- Golda Meir (1898-1978) to a visiting diplomat
Terry Moore (actress)
Tia and Tamera Mowry
Gena Lee Nolin