"Heav'n hath no rage like love to hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd."
- William Congreve (1670-1729)
"Dogma is the sacrifice of wisdom to consistency."
- Lewis Perelman
"There is a country in Europe where multiple-choice tests are illegal."
- Sigfried Hulzer
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943
"I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat!"
- Will Rogers (1879-1935)
"Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity."
- Irving Kristol
"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?"
- H. M. Warner (1881-1958), founder of Warner Brothers, in 1927
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt."
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know."
- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."
- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
- Yogi Berra
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time."
- Robin Williams, commenting on the Clinton/Lewinsky affair
top of the pops
bank of montreal